Personal ANNecdotes

Personal ANNecdotes - Creative Non-Fiction - My Personal Blackhole.


   A few minutes from now, I'll be heading down to Puregold to make my mandatory toiletries and groceries purchase. The list has been created several days ago. I fumbled over it to see which items were necessary (as usual) and which can be replaced with things that cost less but, give more.

   While running over the food items, I've noticed a peculiar pattern. It's hard to admit that I've been conscious with what kind of food goes into my stomach. I'm not really dieting (though I'm planning to do so in the next few days). But, the conscious choice convinced me that yes, this is my way of loving myself.

   Loving yourself is not just minding what is on the outside. Most people think it's just aiming for #BodyGoals. So at the start of the year, gyms would normally be booked with people trying to lose weight and some sticking to a strict, calorie-counted diet to lose those precious pounds. People also look after the way they dress, act and for girls, their fancy makeup since they are conscious with what others had to say about their appearance. 

   In reality, these are important, but form only a parcel, not the entire part of the equation. 

   Loving yourself is minding what is on the inside, too. I am definitely not going to stop you from reaching your #BodyGoals. Looking after your health is one of those required ways to cherish what God has given you. But, your daily thoughts, emotions and outlook matters, too. 

   Just imagine a beatiful gift that comes with a grand packaging but, contains rotten stuff inside. You may be delighted to touch and open it due to the lovely covering. But, will later on be disappointed because of what you will then see. Applying to yourself would mean looking pretty outside due to high maintenance put on your physical attributes, but will end up lacking because of mental, spiritual and emotional decline. Sounds technical, right?

    In layman's idea, it just means not fully accepting yourself and letting others define who you really should be. The social media and entertainment industry are some of the culprits for dictating this kind of culture. And yes, the Korean shows bombarding the country are no doubt influencing the way kids and adults look and act these days.

  I'm not saying I hate Korean influencers. What I'm trying to point here is to be vigilant and filter the kind of things you allow yourself to be influenced with. As an avid Koreanovela spectator, I am fully aware of the kind of values some of these shows promote. There will be good ones, of course. But, some should be given careful thought and consideration before applying to yourself. 

   Your spiritual life matters, too. I'm not really a religious devout and will have to admit not attending masses every Sunday. Yes, I also lie, cheat, say cuss words and go on glutton feasting every now and then. These are just some of those sins I find myself guilty of when we talk about my spiritual state as a person. But, the kind of spirituality I am trying to point here is having a solid, free and loving relationship with God. It's finding inner solitude within you while your world goes on chaotic disarray around you. 


   Every now and then, I would find myself uttering a personal prayer to God just to say 'thank you' or 'to be with me' in my everyday spiritual journey. I am far from being spiritually mature, so I need to put extra effort to make this happen. I find prayers really helpful especially while going through the roughest and most painful times of my life. Now, I'll have to continuously pray because my heart is crushing and I don't know what to do. 

  The current state of the world is dictating a more materialistic rather than, simple way of life. I guess, what really matters is living according to what genuinely gives you joy. Following the norms is not the best way to live full out. 

It's not bad to listen to your inner voice and let that innocent child come out, brave and free to follow her dreams and explore the world around. 😊🦅


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
++ literary emo ++ lover of Apollo ++ MISANTHROPIST ++ certified INTROVERT! ++ writer ++ lover of letters ++ lunatic ++ descendant of Thanatos ++ rival of Nyx ++ archenemy of Hypnos ++ reader between the lines ++ fantasizes of visiting the Louvre Museum someday ++ wishes to defeat Marco Polo's record on circumnavigation ++ daydream traveler ++ gothic muse ++ dark angel ++ mental succubus ++ walang pakialam sa mundo (maliban sa mga taong importante sa akin)++ HATER OF PRETENSION ++ artistic ++ autistic ++ may sariling mundo ++ creator of her universe ++ loyal

On Raphaelle's Wings

RAPHAEL is one of the seven guardian angels who protect mankind and follow God's plans.

While some people believe that he was the angel meant to give luck to cockfighters and betters, Raphael was actually there to guide and heal the brokenhearted.

Thus, Raphael meant "God heals."


This is my corner amongst the sea of many identities and characters.

This blog contains the many thoughts, questions and ponderings that my mind held for so long.

So, sit back, relax and prepare to take a flight.

Let Raphaelle's (my female persona) wings take you on a journey beyond compare, to a faraway land you sought to conquer, touch, see and hold.

Chinggayan Corner!

Lovers of the Misanthropist

Search This Blog

Venerators of the Fallen

Come One, Come All! Hear Ye, Hear Ye!!!

free counters

Mga Ka-Blogger